Friday, July 20, 2012

Rough

Howdy,

Sometimes I think about all the things that are wrong with the world (well not all ;) and it makes me sad. I think of the probability that the human race is going to destroy itself, world hunger, the wars all over the world, problems with the economy, the homeless population, teens dying from spending days playing video games, obesity, teachers not being paid enough, my dad having cancer, and other assorted issues.

I will now go into depth about what is seeping through my brain pipes.

The probability of the human race destroying itself: Things like nuclear weapons, global warming, and android world domination scare me. Humans have the capability to do so much harm. What happens when one country thinks there is a major threat and tries to use nuclear weapons? That can have drastic affects on everyone around. So many civilians could potentially get killed. Global warming is a big issue because some scientists believe it is already too late to stop it. There is still hope. Other scientists believe that we have a chance if we change our ways now. PLEASE recycle your plastic bottles and ride your bikes people! Android world domination is a no brainer. Our Android phones will kill us. The cute little green android dudes won't be so cute after a surge of energy that they tapped from the solar panels that were ripped off the white house that they found in a trash compacter. Think about it. It is quite possible.

The economy, the homeless population, obesity: If you live in the United States (or anywhere you can get the news), you'll know that our economy isn't doin' so hot right now. We're in a major heap of debt. I'm not going to go into politics, but I'll just say the Iraq war did not help. We needed that money elsewhere. There are a lot of people that are either homeless, broke, or both. This is mostly because of the economy. Try to think of yourself without any money. Without your pretty computer that you're reading this on. If you think you can live without it, I challenge you to take out your freakin' huge axe, smash your computer right now, and go outside. If you are reading this on a laptop outside, I solute you. You are one step ahead of me. Obesity is another thing that really bothers me. I worry we'll turn into those Wall-e people who can't even stand up. We're on our way. AND, not only are our fast food restaurants feeding us bad food, their feeding us bad grammar. I saw a sign that said, "You want a ice cream?" If you don't see what's wrong with that sentence (2 things), you deserve to eat at McDonalds. Another sign said, "Do you miss shamrock we got them".

Teens dying from spending days playing video games: Seriously?! I heard stories about these teens who played for days and they had to go to the hospital. They later died! One was playing for two days straight. The doctors said that what killed him was his heart. When you sit down for a long time, your blood pressure drops. When you try to sit up, your head can hurt. Your heart is trying to pump blood back into you. His heart just decided it was done. Another teen was playing for three days and the same thing happened to him. Surprisingly, these teens didn't die of lack of food and water.

Teacher problems: Have you ever stopped and thought, "Hey! Teachers are actually teaching the world's future. Without them, we'd most likely destroy ourselves faster." So why then, are teachers getting paid so little? I dunno. Some think teachers are slackers because they get summers of. BUT LET ME TELL YOU! I have teachers who have to get extra jobs in the summer to be able to eat (BTDubs, they're married!). So hell no, teachers are not slackers.


Well, I hope I made your day just so much brighter!

O-Live-Ee-Ah

No comments:

Post a Comment